News & Events
We are thrilled with the enthusiasm we have received from our members, supporters, and the public about our first annual India Giving Day! As we learn about community events and other news, we will post it here. Let us know what YOU are planning for India Giving Day and if it is open to the public, we'll include it in our listing. Just let us know (email@example.com) the time, place, a short description, who to contact and we'll feature it on your behalf.
India Giving Day Webinar Series
The Latest News
- Shivansh Kapil wrote and performed an original song for India Giving Day that has been released on YouTube. "India here to Give" is a song that celebrates India's sounds, captures India's energy, and calls people to give back to the key issues facing India! It's a song that urges people to think of all of us as ONE and take action to create a positive difference.
- Fareed Zakaria has joined India Giving Day as our latest Ambassador! We are grateful for his support and thank him for his inspiring message. "When mission-driven organizations come together, they can often achieve things that none of them could do individually. Initiatives like these are often the only way to confront vexing global problems. Congratulations to the India Philanthropy Alliance on this incredible inaugural effort. I am supporting India Givin Day on March 2nd and hope others across the country will join me as well."
- Our first Youth Ambassadors joined India Giving Day. They are Arjun Athalye, Actor, (Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2019) and Just Beyond (2021)), and Kriti Sarav, Podcaster and educator on financial literacy for teens.
- Chitra Banerjee, author of The Mistress of Spices, Sister of My Heart, and Queen of Dreams (among others) has joined the India Giving Day campaign as well-wisher and Ambassador. Thank you, Chitra!
- Mitali Perkins, author of Rickshaw Girl and 14 other books, recently joined us as an India Giving Day Ambassador. Thank you, Mitali! We're glad to have you!!
- Dasra Philanthropy Week 2023 is hosting a series of thought provoking and forward-thinking seminars on empowering community-based organizations, climate action, philanthropy, and more. The series includes sessions that are being held in-person (Mumbai and New Delhi) and virtually between February 21-March 3. We celebrate the synchronicity of our work and thank them for their tangible support of India Giving Day.
- The Early Giving phase of India Giving Day kicked-off on February 14, Valentine's Day, with prizes that can be won by any donor on behalf of their favorite charity. Have a look at our prizes page to learn more.
- The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) announced their support for the India Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) and the first-ever India Giving Day USISPF President and CEO Mukesh Aghi also serves on the board of directors for American Friends of HelpAge India, one of the participating organizations.
- Award-winning Bollywood playback singer, Mohit Chauhan, had this to say about India Giving Day. "It is great to see the collective efforts of the Indian Diaspora and others who are invested in India. A dedicated day like India Giving Day is sure to promote increased giving and deeper connect with the transformative efforts on the ground in India. Together let us work towards greater impact and augment all the good work happening here to serve the underserved."
- Isheeta Ganguly has joined India Giving Day as our first official Ambassador! Isheeta is an Indian-American singer, playwright, director, and filmmaker. This is what she had to say about India Giving Day. "It is more critical than ever for organizations to come together to expand upon their resources in order to meet SDG goals and have a multiplier effect. I am delighted to see 20+ organizations coming together for India Giving Day who will have the most significant collaborative impact and am excited to be an ambassador for this campaign and actively support it."
- Mastercard and Bank of America have joined India Giving Day as our first corporate sponsors! Our heartfelt thanks to these and all of our sponsors for making India Giving Day possible!
- We are now determining how to use the $100,000 in prize and match money to inspire giving, starting with early giving on February 14 and intensifying on India Giving Day. Stay tuned to learn how you can have your gift matched or win one of several prize awards for the charity of your choice.
- We sent a press release to news outlets on Friday, January 13, letting them know that India Giving Day is fast approaching! The story was picked up by more than 300 news outlets, including the Associated Press.
Events for Celebrating India Giving Day
Educational and celebratory events were held across the country and as far as London, England. Here is a sampling of the events that were held. The notices are in present or future tense so they remain as they were leading up to India Giving Day.
Washington D.C., George Washington University, State Room Thursday, March 2, 4:00pm-7:00pm This event will consist of two sessions. The first will address The Role of Youth in Innovative Philanthropy (4-5pm) and the second will address Catalyzing Philanthropic Giving Towards India (6-7pm). Light snacks and refreshments will be provided between sessions. Seating is limited. RSVPs required. Click here to learn more and to RSVP.
Networking for Good, Dallas Texas Wednesday, March 1, 6:00-8:00pm Join The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) and other Dallas-area professionals and thought leaders in celebrating the first annual India Giving Day. This event will be hosted by TiE Dallas in partnership with Akanksha Education Fund, Pratham USA, Arogya World, American India Foundation (AIF), and Project ECHO.
Celebrate India Giving Day with us! Chicago, IL. Thursday, March 2, 6:00pm Indira and Ram Saladi and Bulbul & Vimal Bahuguna, in association with American India Foundation (AIF), invite you to join them at the ClayOven Tandoor restaurant in Long Grove. You can look forward to a lively evening of discussion and dinner to celebrate the first ever India Giving Day. To learn more or to RSVP click here.
Pratham USA Dance Party! March 2, 2023, 7:00pm eastern/4:00pm pacific Celebrate India Giving Day in style and power up India's next generation of leaders and innovators by joining us for a fun-filled evening of music, movement and culture! Rhythm India will lead you through a Bollywood dance routine, perfect for dancers of all ages and talents. Get ready to move with Pratham! Click here to get your tickets.
Celebrate India Giving Day with Pratham & South Asian Women's Network, March 1, 2023, 5:30pm, Minneapolis, MN Please join us for a special gathering on the evening of India Giving Day at Raag Progressive Indian Restaurant, 3812 W 50th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410. Hosted for the benefit of Pratham's pioneering work in India, in partnership with the South Asian Women's Network (SAWN), this event is an opportunity to gather together in celebration of India Giving Day and learn more about the impactful work being done to empower the next generation in India and around the world. To learn more, and to RSVP, click here.
Engaging Youth in India Development (online) February 18, 2023, 10:00AM Central Time. Sehgal Foundation will hold an online webinar which that is open to the public and and will include alumni, current and future interns, and volunteers of S M Sehgal Foundation in their campaign for the India Giving Day.
Are you part of an area chapter that would like to participate in India Giving Day? This resource guide and toolkit offers ideas on how you can get involved in India Giving Day and provides resources for learning more about each of our participating organizations.