We are thrilled with the enthusiasm we have received about our 2nd Annual India Giving Day! Stay tuned to this page as we add the latest news & events from the India Giving Day community.
Are you planning an event in your area? If it is open to the public, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) the date and time, where it will be held, a short description of your event, and we'll feature it on your behalf. Here is a resource guide and toolkit to help you on your way. Social media graphics and more can be found here.
THE LATEST NEWS
- News of India Giving Day is featured in leading publications that include The Times of India, The CSR Universe, Hindustan Times, Business Standard (Hindi), and more.
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation joins India Giving Day as Major Sponsor on February 5, 2024.
- Drexel University hosts a kick-off event for India Giving Day on October 2, 2023, in partnership with the India Philanthropy Alliance. Guest speakers include Raj Gupta of Ujala Foundation, Ravi Reddy of Community Pure Water, and Deepak Raj, Chair of the India Philanthropy Alliance.
- American Bazaar, a media sponsor for India Giving Day, covers the Drexel event before and after it occurred.
- Rural India Supporting Trust (RIST) returns as Lead Sponsor for India Giving Day, providing funding for administration of the campaign and $125,000 in Prizes and Matching Gifts.
India Philanthropy Alliance announces the 2nd Annual India Giving Day on October 2, 2023. The announcement coincides with Gandhi Jayanthi, Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday, as an expression of his vision for India. News of the 2nd Annual India Giving Day was picked up by over 300 news outlets.
EVENTS FOR CELEBRATING INDIA GIVING DAY
Educational, celebratory, and fundraising events are being planned throughout the U.S. and will be posted here as they are made public.
- India Giving Day, Drexel University Kick-off Friday, March 1, 9:00am-3:00pm, reception to follow. Our signature India Giving Day event can be attended live, or online, and will include Voices from India, panel discussions on education, health care, clean water access, and a keynote address by Deepak Raj, Raj Associates. Register here and stay tuned for details.
- Get Ready to Dance with Arya! #IndiaGivingDay Finale! Get ready for an unforgettable finale to #IndiaGivingDay! Partnering with Arya Dance Academy, the world's largest Indian and Bollywood dance group, we're bringing you a virtual celebration of giving and rhythm. From the comfort of your home, join us for mesmerizing performances and a lively dance routine. Date: 2nd March 2024, Time: 2pm CT/3pm ET, Zoom Link: https://aryaintl.zoom.us/j/7786179613 (Sign in to your Zoom account required)
- A Musical Walk like no other! Join Drishtee Foundation on Sunday, March 17, 2024, for a delightful fusion of music, nature, and philanthropy at Lake Elizabeth Central Park in Fremont. All funds raised will go to the implementation of programs aimed at uplifting and empowering rural women in India. Register here to join us!
- Panel Discussion & Networking. Join Drishtee Foundation on Tuesday, March 19, 2024, at Santa Clara University in California for a discussion on How To Leverage Data to Measure Social Impact and Accelerate Women's Empowerment. Register here.
CHI Basketball Tournament! Children's Hope India 3 (CH3) a branch of Children's Hope India (CHI) is hosting a fundraising charity basketball tournament on Saturday, March 30, 2024, at Hicksville High School, located at 180 Division Ave, Hicksville, NY 11801 to raise funds to send homeless and underprivileged children to an all-expense paid 8-week summer camp and to promote India Giving Day, Register Here to participate!
- Yoga Session Celebrating India Giving Day! Please join us to celebrate India Giving Day on March 1st. One of our donors has graciously agreed to promote the joy of giving through a relaxing Yoga Session. Come join us for the session on March 2nd from 9:30 AM-10:30 AM PST Session Link - https://lnkd.in/dXJWf7YY
- Celebrate India Giving Day at ClayOven Tandoor! You're invited to join hosts Indira & Ram Saladi and Bulbul & Vimal Bahuguna for a special dinner on Friday, March 1, 2024, at 6:00 PM CT at ClayOven Tandoor in Long Grove, IL. Let's come together to celebrate India Giving Day, an initiative by the India Philanthropy Alliance, aimed at promoting impactful giving to India while enjoying delicious food and great company. RSVP here.
- Mauj Masti Night & Dinner: India Association Senior Social! Join us on Friday, March 1, 2024, at 1209 McGregor Blvd #10, Fort Myers, FL, for a delightful evening at the India Association Senior Wing Dinner & Social hosted by Sehgal Foundation. Experience karaoke, connect with fellow seniors, and delve into discussions about India Giving Day. It's an opportunity for fun, philanthropy, and building connections! Register now for an unforgettable night. https://www.iaftmyers.org/events
- 2024 AIF Townhall: Together Towards Tomorrow! Celebrate Women’s History Month and India Giving Day with us at our Annual Town Hall event, "Empowering Women for Bold Futures," on March 1st. This installment of our "Together Towards Tomorrow" AIF Town Hall series will explore diverse perspectives on female empowerment in the social impact space. Attend in-person at DocuSign, SF, 4-6pm PST, or virtually, 5-6pm PST. RSVP for in-person here and for virtual here.
- Youth Leaders in Philanthropy Webinar- Thursday, February 29, 8pm-9pm E.T. Hear from members of the India Giving Day Youth Leadership Council how and why they became part of this movement and what they are doing to create an impact. Register here to receive a link to the session.
- Get Ready to Groove for Good at the Pratham Dance Party! Join us on February 28, 2024, from 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET, for an electrifying evening of dance and philanthropy at the Pratham Dance Party! Hosted by the sensational Sarina Jain, Founder of Masala Bhangra, this virtual bash on Zoom is the perfect way to set the tone for India Giving Day. Don't miss your chance to dance for a cause – register here!
- TiE Dallas Invites You to an Evening of Giving and Awareness. Join TiE Dallas on Tuesday, February 27, 2024, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM CT at the Hackberry Country Club. In collaboration with India Philanthropy Alliance members, this event aims to raise awareness and promote participation in India Giving Day. Discover how you can contribute to impactful nonprofits like AIF, Akanksha Education Fund, Arogya World, Miracle Foundation, Pratham, VFF USA, Vibha, and others. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be served. RSVP here!
- #MakeItPossible with VFF USA! Join us on Sunday, February 25, 2024, at A2B (Adyar Ananda Bhavan), located at 645 Elden St, Herndon, VA 20170 to raise awareness about India Giving Day, and connect with communities hosted by Vicente Ferrer Foundation USA. Let's come together to make education accessible to all. It's an opportunity to establish relationships and further engage with them! Register Here.
- Join Us for a Webinar on Digital Literacy Access in Rural Indian Schools! Sehgal Foundation's youth ambassadors are hosting an interactive webinar on February 24, 2024, at 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada) to discuss the critical topic of digital literacy access in rural Indian schools. Don't miss this opportunity to engage with passionate young voices and learn about the challenges and opportunities in bridging the digital divide. Register here, and be sure to mark your calendars. We look forward to having you join the conversation!
- Speaker Event: Changing the World Without Losing Your Mind, Alex Counts Join us on Tuesday, February 20, 5:00-7:00pm at the University of Missouri for a special gathering with author and speaker Alex Counts. Explore insights from his book, "Changing the World Without Losing Your Mind," followed by a dialogue between Alex and students about India Giving Day, the India Philanthropy Alliance, and how to have a positive impact in today's world. Presented by University student groups, sponsored by Organizations Resource Group of Mizzou & CAFNL International Programs. Reserve your spot now!, click here.
- Are you part of an area chapter that would like to participate in India Giving Day? This resource guide and toolkit offers ideas on how you can get involved in India Giving Day and provides resources for learning more about each of our participating organizations.