India Giving Day
Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submission Extended to February 10, 2024
India Giving Day is an initiative of the India Philanthropy Alliance to grow the culture of giving to India in America by making it more visible, impactful, and joyful. India Giving Day 2024 (IGD) is joining hands with more than 30 carefully vetted charities to significantly impact problems like poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition, ill health, and environmental degradation.
The IGD Campaign provides opportunities for interested individuals, communities, and organizations to be part of this nationwide movement to celebrate the power of collective generosity. The campaign is inviting proposals for IGD community events, and the best ideas will receive grants of up to $500 to defray event costs such as snacks, venue rental, etc.
We will be accepting proposals until February 10. If your event meets the following criteria, please submit your proposal here.
● Ideas should be for in-person events that bring together the Indian American community and others with affinity for India in a cultural or awareness event to observe or celebrate IGD and to encourage attendees to participate in IGD in a meaningful and creative manner, whether through sharing experiences and tips about donating and/or volunteering, making commitments for 2024 and beyond, spreading awareness of the benefits of thoughtful philanthropy focused on India, or giving monetary gifts.
● The proposed event should be an in-person event of 25 or more attendees to be held during the month of February or March, 2024.
● It should be hosted by an individual or group in support of one or more of the organizations participating in India Giving Day or an alternate charity focused on India. Organizers should hold the event with the knowledge of the selected nonprofit(s), and IGD might facilitate the grant through the designated organizations.
● The person/organization that submits the idea would be one of driving forces responsible for implementing the event.
● Ideas that are proposed by individuals/community associations/youth would receive greater consideration.
The IGD team will consider ideas based on their creativity and ability to spread awareness amongst and facilitate engagement of local communities. Any IGD affiliated event should be inclusive and should not invoke religion or politics inappropriately.